Pin It!

Thursday, May 8, 2014

All That's Left is the Detail Work !~!

It's so pretty, I love the juxtaposition of the pastels and the Bolds. The stars on the royal blue background is one of my favorite fabrics and at one point was in the final five for the backing here. When I cut in to my last half yard I hie myself to JoAnn's and grab a couple or three more yards for my stash.



The idea that Madison will be wrapped in its love over the coming years thrills me. We have lived far from one another since long before she was born and I miss her milestones. Perhaps this will help keep me close to her in a very real and tangible way.




This marks my first really well measured and precise quilt thus far. The easy piecing angles made this possible. Perhaps maturity too.



The choices for stitches on my basic Singer are slim. This is a zig zag where every third stitch is larger than the two that precede it; a little different than the simple zig zag we're all intimately familiar with. The gold hand-tying is also visible in both pictures.

I'm very satisfied with it so far. Now comes the fun of embroidering/quilting the squares in the middle. I went thru my fancy thread/yarn and pulled what I think I will use.



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I am sure Madison will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely! I do the same thing with fabrics I love. I run out, and then immediately buy more, even if I don't have a project in mind!

    Thanks for sharing at Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly

    ReplyDelete