Pin It!

Saturday, April 11, 2015

In Memoriam-Miko Wheaton Pantoja

Today our small community grieves one of its young members, Miko Wheaton Pantoja. Miko was just seventeen when he lost his life last week in an accident which left us reeling.

His mom is a friend and there are no words to describe what she feels right now. I try to say something and only tears will flow. I have learned that that is ok. Just sitting with LaTuan and holding her hand while we waited for her ride was enough to let her know that I was there for her.

She called yesterday and asked if I could come by and assist her with a few specific tasks to get ready for today's services. So grateful to be of help, I went with a joyous heart. We spent hours together sifting through items and deciding.

I cannot imagine her pain.


4 comments:

  1. They say that is the worst sort of pain there is... loosing a child. I can not imagine this. Hope you are holding up. Remember to care for yourself too thru this. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes the best way to help someone who is grieving is to just be present for them. I cannot imagine the pain of losing a child. His mother is lucky to have you as a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry for your lost... I'm so sorry for your pain ... sometimes life it is so cruel ... I'm with your pain... a big hug for his family and his friends ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry for your lost... I'm so sorry for your pain ... sometimes life it is so cruel ... I'm with your pain... a big hug for his family and his friends ...

    ReplyDelete