Pin It!

Thursday, September 10, 2015

Coloring Pages and the Amazing Mediums !~!




More fun ahead:

 Inexpensive tools of the coloring trade brought to you by Amazon.com
Total cost was less than forty dollars delivered for these three pieces: gel pens $15; Watercolor pencils $15; SuperTips $8 at the local Walgreens. 

The Fiskars Gel Pens (on the left with orange label and clear case) color like a dream and are true to the cap colors. There are metallic pens with sparkly colors, soft pastel tints, vibrant primary shades. The only color missing is brown-I haven't found a single shade of my favorite earthtone in the 48 different pens.

This blue tin case at the bottom of the picture is my first set of watercolor pencils and I will report back after I have used them with actual ... Water !~!

The SuperTips markers (on the right in yellow and green box) are not true to their cap colors and I will not replace them when they dry out. They apply much darker with little variation within the colors themselves. Disappointed. I wish I had bought using Amazon. I could get my money back then-live and learn.


Printed directly from the web using simple search terms:

"coloring pages" animal intricate

Easy peasy to look thru the hundreds of offerings and see which you like and print it out and then color til your brain waves feel happy.






If you want to find fabulous pages to color Dr Google is your best buddy. I just type in { "coloring pages" elephants or owls or unicorns } without the brackets but with the quote marks and get pages of pictures with varying degrees of difficulty and detail from which to choose. Print them out on my desktop printer on whatever paper goes with the particular pens or colored pencils I am using, and viola:  Fun for days !!~!

I found this link and the list of additional coloring pages (with even more links) two-thirds of the way down the page is phenomenal!

At this moment I am in love with gels pens but that is subject to change
as I grow more familiar with how watercolor pencils work.
I hope to gain proficiency on that medium thru these pages of fun (free) artwork.

Have some fun of your own, with the Littles in your life, or an afternoon in the park with that SO you've been trying to squeeze in some special time.

If you color and send me a picture I'll post it in a blog entry all its own !~!

3 comments:

  1. It's so funny adults have found the art in colouring books and such. I used to colour all the time when I lived on the boat. Think that's what lead me to making my own cards. All the accouterments that went along with card making.... pens and ink, calligraphy, cut-outs, origami, making your own papers... you get the idea. It was fun while it lasted. About 10 years or, so. Probably cost me a couple of thousand dollars. Well worth the money and time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At home we always have paint, Lynda! Carlota loves painting and cutting! is a fun activity for kids and for us! and I love your paintings, are great! congratulations and enjoy your stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. At home we always have paint, Lynda! Carlota loves painting and cutting! is a fun activity for kids and for us! and I love your paintings, are great! congratulations and enjoy your stuff!

    ReplyDelete