Pin It!

Sunday, September 28, 2014

Fingerless Gloves for Lulu-Bells

Over the last twelve years I have had the pleasure of being involved with a lovely family of two daughters, a mom and a dad. The girls were six and a couple months when I met them and they are growing up fast. The younger one is very quick with her hands and has learned many fine motor skills over the years.

Early scissors user, model builder, inventor of all kinds of games and hobbies. Last week she asked me to teach her to knit. I am a better crocheter so after a couple of knitting mishaps, I brought out my trusty hooks and taught her to crochet.



As a tangible example of how quickly crochet works up, I made her a pair of fingerless gloves last night and this afternoon. I used DMC Ecru Laine Colbert Pour Tapisserie for the main color and an Anchor Tapisserie in a darker beige for the trim. Took less than four hours total.



They came out two different sizes--as is always the case when I have to make two of anything !~! 



2 comments:

  1. Well, I arrived to find her crocheting away on a scarf she's been working on since last week !~! I couldn't be prouder of her for her drive and ambition to learn everything: snow skiing at just over three, drawing, reading way beyond her twelve years, violin, sewing machine... now fiber arts interest her !~! She's singing my song here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful these gloves!
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete