Pin It!

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Tower of Babel Hook Holder



Today I crocheted myself a hook holder for my desk. Prior to seeing this cute little number on Ravelry.com this evening I used a coffee mug to hold my crochet hooks. Simple and easy but not very Crochet-ish. So when I saw this Tower of Babel Hook Holder today I knew I wanted to make one for myself.

Digging into the yarn stash, the pumpkin colored Wool of the Andes found its way to the top of the basket so I accepted its direction and found a size 3.5 mm hook. While watching British detective Jack Frost and then the Kennedy Center Awards, I crocheted this little gem. After putting the hooks into, lifting it up to show Ormond and watching the hooks slide out, I decided that a leather bottom would be a better idea. So I went into the scrap leather bag and cut a black circle. I glued it with fabric glue to the bottom and that solved the problem. Today's cute project-finished !~!

5 comments:

  1. What fun! You did a great job - it does look like a tower. :D
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! And I'm glad to see you have a blog. How wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, I want to make one.
    BTW, If you want to learn my secret for doing the pointy points,
    Email me and I'll teach you..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynda, that is adorable! I'm stuck on making scarves ... I definitely need to expand my art. Perhaps a Tower of Babel will be next!!

    ReplyDelete